MAJOR PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide administrative and construction management support to the Director of Project Management and Construction and onsite engineers while providing oversight during construction of large energy conservation projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the general supervision of the Director of Project Management and Construction, provide on-site project support to include: inspection and documentation of work in the field and confirmation of as-built drawings; review of change orders and contractor invoices; audits of contractor reports (environmental and safety, schedule, wage rates, etc.) and general administrative support.
- Manages multiple large projects including HVAC, lighting, water conservation, window replacements, small emergency generators, etc.
- Maintains and manages working relationships with subcontractors, team members, and customers
- Develops and maintains schedules and budgets, as well as reports on financial results
- Experience in the construction of energy efficiency projects and solar projects is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with building systems, energy audits and energy conservation technologies involving lighting, water conservation and HVAC
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Microsoft Project
- Ability to travel as necessary to support projects in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Ability to work independently or as a team in a diverse group
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple large design/build performance, energy conservation projects
- Contracting experience with local, state, federal government and large academic institutions is preferred
Additional duties and special projects as assigned.