The Corporate Controller will direct and provide hands-on leadership for corporate financial matters including planning, forecasting, cost accounting and general accounting activities. Responsible for all internal and external financial reporting. Responsible for the safeguarding of corporate assets, records, and internal controls
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting of the business, including reporting to the lenders
- Prepare monthly financial statement variance analysis of multi-entity organization.
- Oversee financial operations including AP/AR, job cost accounting, payroll and cash flow management
- Drive productivity throughout the finance function, with a focus on automating accounting activities, and leading productivity improvements throughout the finance organization
- Manage and oversee the annual audit preparation and engagement
- Oversee tax work with internal and external partners and ensure tax compliance with all tax reporting requirements, including income tax, sales tax, use tax, and employment taxes.
- Assist FP&A with the annual budget process and analytics reporting
- Maintain proficiency with regard to technical accounting considerations, including revenue recognition, POC, inventory, and other relevant GAAP standards.
- Maintain financial policies and procedures to ensure internal controls are in place
- Assist with a reliable 13 week cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet the operating needs of the Company.
- Continually improves the timeliness and accuracy of the Company’s cash flow by working closely with the billing team with respect to both the billing and collections process
- Oversees risk and corporate insurance requirements.
- Drive an 8 day month-end close cycle
- Develop and manage budgets for the organization, ensuring that spending aligns with strategic goals and objectives
- Developing company growth plans
- Manage and lead the accounting team, including hiring, training and performance evaluations.
- Maintain strong relationships with banks, suppliers, and other external shareholders
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or Advanced Degree preferred
- CPA and Big 4 experience recommended.
- 7+ years of experience in accounting and financial management in the Construction/Real Estate industry
- Construction industry experience recommended
- Experience managing accounting staff
- Implementing new ERP systems
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and strong attention to detail
- Strong systems, process and best practices experience.
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills.