POSITION TITLE: Junior Federal Sales
DEPARTMENT: FESCO Energy
MAJOR PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support our Federal Sales efforts and contribute towards ECM identification and development of strategies with the goal of improving: the qualification level of potential projects at the beginning stage of a federal sale and the quantification of potential ECM’s. This role will be key in: supporting the early-stage of quantification and qualification of federal project opportunities through contract execution: managing the development of key ECM deliverables: managing the development of cost and savings estimates and being the liaison between the engineering and construction team(s) to meet the goal of the sales effort.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Based on the Customer mission requirements identify possible energy conservation measures (ECM’s): prepare an order-of-magnitude estimate of costs and savings for each ECM: a proposal development plan and schedule.
- Establish the Scope of Work narrative for each ECM that clearly explains what the expected deliverables are from the engineering and construction team(s). Work with Finance Structuring to further develop the scope and project timeline with the Engineering Department.
- Coordinate the internal deliverables and manage the day-to-day activities associated with the production of a Firm Fixed Price proposal (initial and/or final) that is submitted to a federal customer to include (detailed write-ups, savings calculations, cost estimates, proposed construction schedules, clarifications, exclusions, comparison of subcontractor costs, Etc.). Participate in subcontractor selection. Manage to the expectations of, and deliver on, the small business plan goals.
- Understand Customer mission and draw comparisons of how FESCO Energy’s innovative product mix enhances their mission capability: and how those products can be positioned within a federal procurement vehicle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or commensurate progressive experience in mechanical contracting and/or energy performance contracts
- PE License preferred
- Certified Energy Auditor preferred
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in the sale/ development/construction management aspects of Federal Energy projects
- Knowledge and experience with building systems, energy audits and energy conservation technologies involving lighting, water conservation and HVAC
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel as necessary to support projects in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Ability to work independently or as a team in a diverse group
- Strong organizational skills and time management capabilities.
- Working knowledge of financials is required to maintain budgets
Meet with federal customers over the phone, email, or on-site to assist in all primary duties, (travel is expected);
- Make technical presentations and expertly demonstrate how ECMs meet customer mission;
- Attend and/or participate in conferences and other marketing events;
- Develop technical support materials including white papers as directed by the manager of sales.
THIS POSITION DESCRIPTION IS TO BE USED AS A GUIDE TO THE EMPLOYEE AND MANAGEMENT TO ACCOMPLISH THE COMPANY’S OBJECTIVES. THIS POSITION DESCRIPTION ONLY COVERS CERTAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION; IT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND MODIFICATION AND IT SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE COMPLETE AND/OR ALL ENCOMPASSING.