Reports to: Director of Operations
MAJOR PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to conduct energy audits, produce feasibility studies, manage detailed design process, provide construction assistance, support sales staff, participate in project presentations, and manage and train junior staff.
SPECIFIC TASKS/PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares detailed energy audits for institutional, government, commercial, residential and retail spaces
- Prepares feasibility studies and return on investment analyses
- Assists construction and manages several large project implementation processes, which include preparation of scope of work, management of a design team, review of technical specifications and drawings, cost estimating, solicitation and evaluation of construction proposals
- Evaluates options for the use of energy-efficient and renewable technologies for clients
- Evaluates and proposes measurement and verification (M&V) options
- Estimates building loads and associated energy savings
- Communicates with the clients, provides support to sales team, and attends presentations
- Manages and trains junior staff
- Support the development of $100MM of pipeline annually.
- Ability to work with a sales-driven team in pursuit of changing the energy market place in the USA
- Current commercial, federal and public sector clients
- Business and support units
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Master in Electrical Engineering is a plus
- PE required and CEM preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and application of energy efficiency and energy management
- Experience with HVAC and temperature controls, building simulation programs and methodologies, lighting and water conservation
- Deep knowledge of M&V procedures and implantation
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have effective communication skills. Position will be expected to work with clients, legal, construction, accounting, and at all levels of the company.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project and building simulation software: Visual DOE, Trace, Carrier E20, etc.