MAJOR PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Individually conducts analyses and modeling of energy efficient systems in; commercial, institutional, and industrial end-use applications addressing power, energy, lighting, renewables, building envelope and controls systems to determine the pre-condition energy usage and recommended post-condition energy efficient system modifications. Completes and submits documentation as needed for Utility rebates, conducts tariff rate analysis, supports sales in market assessment activities, and collaborates with Project Management during the implementation phase of a project.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical support to the business development division
- Assists in the proposal development process
- Prepares energy analyses defining the existing energy consumption, prepare recommendations to achieve energy efficiency, prepare post energy consumption models based on the accepted energy efficiency recommendations that are accepted by the customer
- Prepare cost estimates for large scale energy conservation projects (Power, Lighting, Renewables, Controls, Central Plants, etc.)
- Conducts technical and financial analyses for economic justification
- Coordinates system design and applications; prepare comparative arguments for best practices; develop energy solution models
- Informs and supports internal and external customers on technical and cost issues
- Participates in site visits, audits, project scope development, design, design review, and cost estimate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- CEM preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design and application of energy efficiency and energy management
- Experience with power, energy, renewables, building simulation programs and methodologies, lighting conservation
- Experience working with utilities companies
- Must be a self-starter with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and building simulation software
Additional duties and special projects as assigned.
THIS POSITION DESCRIPTION IS TO BE USED AS A GUIDE TO THE EMPLOYEE AND MANAGEMENT TO ACCOMPLISH THE COMPANY’S OBJECTIVES. THIS POSITION DESCRIPTION ONLY COVERS CERTAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION; IT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND MODIFICATION AND IT SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE COMPLETE AND/OR ALL ENCOMPASSING.