We are seeking a consultative, financially oriented, solutions-based Business Development Manager to identify and close energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability-based project solutions.
The Business Development Manager will proactively identify, qualify, develop, and close new business opportunities. The focus of this sales-based position is the development and implementation of integrated, performance-based energy, renewable sustainability projects for existing facilities with a primary focus on Federal Agencies and the DOD vertical market(s).
The Business Development Manager is responsible for organic revenue generation by securing and delivering signed project engagements. This position requires the ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively identify, qualify, develop, and close new business opportunities to include integrated, performance-based energy and sustainability-based project solutions.
- Perform market analysis of regional territories to identify Federal installations within applicable utility territories.
- Provide consultative sale and marketing of energy infrastructure solutions to Federal Agency executives and DOD civilian and uniformed leadership through a variety of long-term, complex contracts, including Utility Energy Services Contracts (UESC) and Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC),
- Institutional knowledge of government UESC and ESPC contract vehicles and processes, educate customers through consultative selling to identify new business opportunities, markets and cultivate new customer prospects.
- Understand and influence customers in the buying process, offering novel and unique solutions to help Federal Agencies and DOD leaders achieve compliance with energy and decarbonization policies, goals, and standards.
- Actively participate in relevant conferences and trade associations.
- Manage sales funnel to achieve business goals and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and critical thinking skills to balance risk and reward when qualifying and disqualifying opportunities.
- Develop and implement market specific sales strategies and tactics focused on securing organic business with target accounts, prospects and key decision maker.
- Leverages existing market contacts and relationships to initiate drive direct and indirect prospecting and business development.
- Manage and facilitate proposal development process
- Facilitate customer meetings clearly articulating and positioning FESCO Energy as a value proposition and the main areas of differentiation.
- Proactively motivate decision makers by developing and delivering compelling customer centric presentations.
- Establish an overall sales strategy for each customer engagement. Horizontal management of all internal functional teams ensuring all project deliverables align with the established sales strategy while addressing the customer needs and expectations.
- Establish and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline of qualified opportunities aligning with achievement of annual sales quota.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience (preferred)
- Experience developing and closing complex, solution based, financially oriented projects exceeding $10,000,000 in project-based revenue.
- Direct sales experience successfully originating new business within at least one of the following industries: energy efficiency/sustainability, mechanical contracting (design/build), consulting engineering, architecture, original equipment manufacturer, and/or financial services.
- Ability to travel both locally and nationally to initiate and develop projects and attend trade shows, conferences, seminars, trade associations and networking opportunities.
- Possesses an established Industry Level contact base within Federal and DOD markets.
- Ability to develop, cultivate, maintain, and leverage contact networks and business relationships.
- Expertise in lead generation, prospecting, qualification, and opportunity cultivation
- Proficiency in penetrating and navigating executive level stakeholders and decision makers.
- Possess conceptual selling skills accompanied by a strong financial/business acumen.
- Successful track record of effectively developing and managing a large-sales territory
- Experience managing sales cycles of more than twelve (12) months.
- Demonstrated success in originating, negotiating, and closing complex business transactions.
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal and group presentation skills.
- Experience and understanding of 3rd party financed energy projects (preferred)
- Ability to work independently without requiring daily direction.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and across corporate functional teams.